A very rare opportunity for a Senior Brewer to join our team has arisen
The award winning, well established Acorn Brewery of Barnsley are looking for a well organised, enthusiastic individual to join and lead the production team, the successful individual will be an experienced leader within the brewery industry, they will be responsible for all aspects of brewery operations: brewing, packaging, warehousing. They will be competent in planning and scheduling production based on forecasted sales. Maintain and execute all functions according to policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practice.
Job Responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- People management of the Brewery Team
- Managing & updating all records in line with SIBA FSQ & SALSA for Beer
- Ensure that Good Manufacturing Policies are adherence to
- Innovation & process improvements
- Management of Raw Materials & packaging of beer
- Monitoring all aspect of the brew, including, Monitor gravities, temperatures & carbonations daily
- Forecast sales & plan production to meet requirements.
- Development of new & existing recipes
- Purchasing of raw material
- Oversee quality controls
- Training of Brewery team
- Representing Acorn various tours, events, festivals & other promotions
- Communicate regularly & efficiently with all staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- 5 years’ experience in brewing industry
- Experience managing staff
- Brewing or related degree preferred
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication Skill
- Full UK Driving License
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- The capability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.