Welcome to Acorn Brewery, Born and bred in Wombwell Barnsley, where we have been growing up since 2003. We broke our teeth on our first brewing kit, which was purchased from the Forester & Firkin Brew Pub of Stafford. Our first brew took place on the on the 4th July 2003 where we produced our flag ship, award winning Barnsley Bitter.
From here we have gone from strength to strength introducing 6 core beers to our range. Along the way there have been a few bumped heads and scratched knees but it is safe to say we have grown into a strapping teenager, now living on a 25-barrel plant which we moved to during 2008.
We are very passionate about the beers we brew and ensure that only quality products are produced. Did you know that as well as our core range we have brewed over 125 different single hopped IPA’s. Never using the same hop twice! Each month we release 2/3 signature beers, which always go down a treat.
It’s fair to say that life is great and we would like to give a massive thanks to everyone in the Acorn family and to all our happy customers that enjoy our beers!
Thanks and let raise a glass to many more years and beers to come
Since the very first brew of Acorn Barnsley Bitter back in 2003 the brewery has amassed over 50 awards for the quality of its’ cask and bottled beers.
We’re very proud of all the awards from small regional beer festivals all the way through to prestigious national competitions. We still continue to enter our beer into competitions, because we still get such a thrill from getting recognition from the people whose opinions really matter – people who enjoy drinking good beer.
Here is a small selection of some of our awards:
- Barnsley Bitter
- Champion Beer of Britain Silver CAMRA 2006
- Champion Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2007
- Champion Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2008
- Champion Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2012
- Champion Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2013
- Champion Beer of Britain Silver CAMRA 2015
- Barnsley Gold
- Champion Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2004
- Champion Beer of Yorkshire 2004
- Best Bitter Category Bronze SIBA North Beer Competition 2007
- Old Moor Porter
- Porters/Old Ales/Stouts Category Gold SIBA North Beer Competition 2004
- Champion Winter Beer of Britain Bronze CAMRA 2008
- Champion Winter Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2009
- Champion Winter Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2011
- North Beer Competition Gold SIBA 2012
- Gold Sheffield Steel City Beer Festival 2013
- Gold International Bottled Beer Awards 2015
- Winter Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2007
- Winter Beer of Britain Gold CAMRA 2010
- Winter Beer of Britain Finalist CAMRA 2012